Thursday, August 7, 2008

Something's Fishy

I love one of our local restaurant's offering of Halibut Tacos with Orange-Mango salsa.  If I so much as think about them, I crave them.  It is a slight addiction. 

Last week, while Brian was out of town, I thought about them.

Then I thought about them some more.

At about 5pm on Thursday I announced we were going out to dinner.

About an hour later I successfully cleaned my plate of two divinely appointed tacos.  Weston made his way on to my lap and I asked him if he wanted to finish off Katie's half of her 2nd taco that she couldn't finish.  (I have influenced my daughter to love the tacos as well).  I told him that they were fish tacos with mangoes.  Surprisingly he dug right in.

After his 2nd bite of the white fish, he eyed the piece of fish on his fork, looked at it quizzically, and asked, "They put meat in there?"

"Yep," I giggled, "they put meat in there."

westohead

"Mmmmm-mmm", he answered.

I love five-year-olds.

4 comments:

Larry said...

Sounds :"mmmmmmm!" to me, too!

Heather said...

not a fishy person myself, but I understand the cravings for something you know taste good.

michelle rasor said...

where did you eat those yummy fishy tacos?

katie and co. said...

yah! Where do you get those fish tacos? I want some!