Monday, August 4, 2008

Storyteller

My brother David is the Storyteller.  He wrote up a story about my Weston on his blog and I wanted it in my future blog book, so I cut and pasted it here...

The Flick

It has been fun to see so many of my nieces and nephews this week. I’ve been around 5-year-old Weston on several occasions so far, but he has paid me little attention. That is not like him, but I understand: I am old, I talk strangely, and 4-year old Ericson is infinitely more fun!

That all changed abruptly tonight. Just before family prayer, he leaned near me and flicked my head. I think it was unprovoked. I found it very amusing. I hadn’t been flicked in a long time. This seemed to initiate a span of renewed familiarity that included him telling me that he knew how to punch, and then burying his fist in my stomach. So fun. I can’t remember the last time I was punched. I miss little boys. I have missed Weston.

2 comments:

Stephen A. Hixon said...

post pirate

Joanna said...

I don't know why this story provoked tears in my eyes, but it did. :)