Friday, August 29, 2008

Monsoon

This morning I went to work a little early to get prepared for a meeting.  The closer I got to downtown the slower, the traffic became.  This is typical on the freeways, but I was on the local streets headed to our office. 

I began to notice that there was a lot of debris on the road, and then one of the streets was closed.  Some limbs broken here, some titles blown off a roof there.  A little closer to the office and I was dodging trees that had fallen into the road, then some power lines were down.  It was beginning to look like a war zone.

I finally made it to the office, parked in the garage, and walked to my building.  This is what I saw at 7:00am this morning.

downtown

They said that downtown the winds exceeded 100 mph last night.  We had the coolest thunder and lightning show that I've seen in a long time.  It was great to have the rain!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

YIKES!

Heather said...

ok I heard about all the damage in that area, but didn't see this kinda stuff on the news. Yikers.